Monday, March 7, 2011

A Magical place called Tinkertown.



Have you ever heard of Tinkertown? Well its one of those wonderful hidden treasures just minutes from my town! 

 Last Summer we decided to escape the city heat and head to the mountains. Where it always seems to be 20 degrees cooler and we visited Tinkertown Museum, where a wonderful Artist, Ross Ward, dedicated his life to creating and his life's work is now an AMAZING collection of items. 

 Words just cannot describe it! You really must see it for yourself if you are to TRULY appreciate the wonderous world found at Tinkertown.


 It is now a most cherished spot for my family and I. The Children are always delighted and my husband and I seem to re-connect with that inner child that we somehow lost when we started paying the bills.:-)
Every item has the mark of being purposefully placed. It really makes me want to collect colored glass bottles and build a small Tinkertown in my back yard.
Hidden treasures are at Every turn. 

The hand painted signs of wisdom and encouragement are one my favorite aspects of Tinkertown. 
I could use a few in my home!
The one below is my Favorite I think....


All the wonderful nostalgic items leave you longing for a place in time that you've never been before.


The miniature exhibits are so very detailed! Its just never-ending joy when you visit. Each time we go I swear something new is in there. But no, its all the original work of the master Ross Ward, and he really put so much into the miniature worlds he created. Its simply spectacular!



Are You Inspired yet?

 I Loved this Medicine Wagon! I wanted to hitch it up and drive it home and see about becoming a gypsy but I thought it better to leave it at Tinkertown, you know for the greater good of mankind. :-)
 My kids were and still are so enchanted with this place.
There was a neat little area where you could make wishes, well  my youngest wanted to DRAW her wish and then you put them into bottles to come true!

This machine pictured below was my kids FAVORITE. They had just seen the movie "BIG" and thought of the famous Zoltar Machine! LOL The big plus was that it actually worked! The fortune was all vintage looking and my son still carries his around for good luck!

Well if you happen to be in the Albuquerque, NM area just hop on to I-40 east and follow the signs to Sandia Park, NM where there are plenty of signs showing you the way to this magical place nestled in the woods. Tinkertown! Visit their website by clicking here.

Very wise words from Mr. Ward.

A wonderful place that reminds you that the possibilities in life are indeed endless!


xoxo,
Gigi

No comments:

Post a Comment