Tuesday, March 22, 2011

More photography!

 It has been a busy couple of weeks! Spring break was filled with back yard projects and outings with the kids. We hit the bed hard each night and got up early ready to take on another task. I will have to post photos of our fabulous new fence soon!

Another promised activity was an outing to Albuquerque's Bio Park where I had another High School Senior ask me to take his photo....so he is my little sisters boyfriend....so what? He liked the photos I took of her and we really like him so my husband, the kids and the H.S. kids all went to the Bio park this Sunday! It was a lot of fun! As usual! And of course, I am still learning this here photography thing, so there is NO CHARGE!:-)

You know, I am starting to really feel my age when the kids I used to babysit and change their diapers are now graduating from High School!!!! Time flies when you are having fun!:-)

These two "youngsters" are college bound and are two of the most respectful and responsible teenagers that I have ever met. My step-sister didn't come into my life until I was 16 years old and then when I was 18, I got married in a hurry and moved far away, I went off on my own rough and crazy journey and then came back, with two of my own children, to live in the same house with her when she was just 7 years old and I was 22 years old. Since then our parents have divorced (they are both good people but together make serious drama) so I tried, my best, to keep a relationship with her and for a time I was her "after school" care and both my husband and I talked to her about life and growing up and how education was important and well....now I could cry at how very PROUD I am of her. She was accepted to a major University and has maintained a 4.0 all through high school! She met this lovely young man at her side in middle school and they have been together since 7th grade! Which, if I'm not mistaken, in the world of teenagers, translates to like 50 human years.:)...well In any case it is longer than most marriages these days! LOL

They are "good people". I love having them around my children. They are both very positive role models and I see how caring they both are toward my kids. We have them both over for dinner at least twice a month.

If there is one thing that I have learned in life, its that sometimes, "Family" is who you find to care about along the way. The people that need you to care and allow you to care for them and vice versa. I am proud to call this beautiful young woman, pictured above, "sister". Indeed we are.:-) Maybe, one day...in the future I can call this wonderful young man, next to her, "brother-in-law"....only the future will tell, but secretly I have my hopes up! They are perfect for each other now! I just hope they can grow together and have a wonderful and happy life! Its just TOO cute!:-)

That's all for now! I'm off to bed. Oh by the way- Tomorrow is a PERFECT day for counting your blessings! Just saying....:-)

Buenos Noches mis amigos!!!
xoxo
G.

No comments:

Post a Comment